Monday, October 26, 2015

Oh how I've missed him.

Worry. School. Work. Rent. Stress.

Him. 

He appears and it all fades away.

It was really kind of funny, actually, the way he gently entered my life. Unannounced and unforeseen, yet completely and promptly on time.

Isn't it interesting, how life brings you what you never expect, but always what you need? 

As I learn to accept everyone and everything that enters my life as a gift, I see it all as a  beautiful process. 

Every night I would pray to my Father in Heaven, "Where is he? When is he coming?"

"Be patient, child. He is right around the corner."

Well, right around the corner took a little bit longer than I would have liked, but he did come.

And oh how I have missed him.

I am convinced that as we are ready, God will bless us with what we need.

He knows when we are ready, and when we need just a little bit longer.

I have spent twenty-one years without this wonderful human being because my Father was preparing and refining me until I could have him.

You see, it's all about timing.

Don't despair if it hasn't worked out yet. It will.

It might seem like time is moving slower than sea turtles swimming in peanut butter, but, it will come.

Now can I just rant about my gem of a guy?

Okay. He is just the perfect height for me.

Dark hair and dark eyes. Yes.

Cute eyes that look darling when I do something silly.

He has a passionate heart, loving to serve those in need and sacrificing all that he has to help others.

He knows when to joke and when to be serious. This is valuable.

Plays the piano with me and sings with me, which is really just a dream. Oh, did I mention his guitar skills?

Watching him play with his niece is probably one of my favorite things.

He knows just what to say and what not to say. Just talking, going on drives, and walks are our favorite things. A 3 1/2 hour drive isn't nearly long enough.

He is the first person I want to tell about my day. I find myself wanting him there in the big and small moments of my life.

He loves God and desires to do His will.

He loves to stuff me with yummy food.

Chivalry at its finest. Seriously, I didn't know guys like him still existed. Or, at least that one of them could become a reality in my life.

He always leaves me better off than he's found me, every day.

Art. Drawing, painting, sculpting. Did I mention he's sculpting me an elephant because they're my favorite animal?

He accepts the fact that I wear a grandma nightgown to bed pretty much every night.

I can be silly and goofy and sad and pensive all in the same day without him questioning my sanity. At least,  not out loud;)

There is nothing I have done or could ever do that would make him judge me or think less of me.

He is a champion thumb wrestler but sometimes he lets me win just to be nice.

He cares about what is important to me. He helps me study and asks about my family and always puts what I want first.

He's helping me be more informed on the issues our world faces. We watched the Republican debate once. It was romantic.

He comes to dinner at my grandpa's every week with us. Who does that?  Only the kindest of souls.

If he's reading this, he's probably slightly uncomfortable with the amount of compliments. And I know he doesn't see even half of these qualities in himself.

But they are there, and how grateful I am that I have come to know his kind heart.

He just gets me.

Oh how I've missed him.





"Since you won't find perfection in him and he also won't find it in you, your only chance of perfection will be in becoming perfect TOGETHER." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf-



Elephants <3






Love is seeing the darkness in another person and defying the impulse to jump ship. 






No comments:

Post a Comment