Saturday, October 31, 2015

However long and hard the road

Let's talk about compassion.

There are times when we go through the unthinkable, the unimaginable; those absolutely awful things that seem to have no rhyme or reason to them.

I want to start out by expressing my deep sympathy, and in some cases, empathy for those of you who are hurting for whatever circumstance you may find yourselves in.

I truly believe that if we could each look into the life of another and see all the pain and sorrow therein, we would be humbled and perhaps shocked. We all cope with pain in different ways, and there is much to be learned and admired from our differences in doing so.

In order to cope in my life, I write. I write about everything. It heals me. And if I can help heal at least one other soul as well, my life will have been well worth the struggles and pain.

Find something to heal your soul. Healing is rarely an overnight experience, but it will come with time and effort.

Time is your friend. Hold on to hope in better days to come.

However, I understand that although hope can be powerful, many times we need someone to simply sit with us, hold us, cry with us, and most importantly, listen to us. And even then there seems to be nothing that can numb or take away the pain of the current moment. 

I testify with my whole soul that we have been given a Savior of the World who can do exactly that. He will hold us and heal us in His embrace.

Wherever I'm at in life, it is comforting to know that He has been there before. He has been below where I'm at and above as well. Do I understand that completely? He knows how it feels to be at my lowest low and what I need to get back to a higher plane. He has overcome it all and knows EXACTLY what I need in my moments of anguish.

Sometimes, what I need is to learn. 

To learn patience when a trial is not being taken immediately from me.

To learn compassion for others who suffer.

To learn how to lean on my God for support when my world is falling apart.

To learn to be grateful when it seems there is not much to be happy about.

And, above all, to be reminded repeatedly that I cannot make it through this life on my own, nor was I meant to. 

I have been given my Brother, Friend, and Savior to walk with me and carry me through. 

I cannot answer why many of the debilitating trials of life are allowed into our lives by such a loving Father.

I simply do not know.

But I DO know that He loves us, and does not wish to harm us. And He will strengthen and sustain us until we fall into His arms again after we have fought and cried and laughed and smiled, however long and hard the road. 

This I also know: It will all have been worth it.

There is always hope. 

Aubrey












No comments:

Post a Comment