Friday, July 24, 2015

Strength and Struggle travel together

"You're gonna have some ups and some downs. Anybody can feel good when they have their health, their bills are paid, they have happy relationships. Anybody can be positive then; anybody can have a larger vision then. Anybody can have faith under those types of circumstances. The real challenge of growth, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, comes when you get knocked down." -currently my favorite motivational video-

If there is anything I have come to learn recently, it is that strength and struggle travel together. There is no strength without struggle, and we cannot successfully overcome the struggle without strength.

It's hard to talk about our struggles. 

Especially when we are ashamed of them. It's difficult for me to admit that getting up in the morning, forgiving those who have hurt me deeply, and having enough confidence in God can often be challenging in my life. I don't want anyone to know that about me, because somehow society has persuaded me to believe that I am a failure if I do so.

But I am not a failure, and neither are you.

We are beautiful in our brokenness. We are divine in our struggles for there lies our strength. There lies our fight and passion to live for one more moment, one more day.

Today I ran a 5k, played volleyball,  went swimming,  ate way too much pizza and ice cream,  watched one of my all-time favorite movies,  and I'm ending the night sipping hot chocolate and blogging.

My life is not perfect,  and there are still many struggles.  But I am stronger because of them.  What I want you to know is that you can have wonderful days and sacred moments in the midst of the struggle.  

Happiness does not only come at the end.  We must learn to find joy in the journey,  and, yes,  strength in the struggle.

There is always hope.  

Aubrey




No comments:

Post a Comment